How to Take Control of Your Oral Health
At Framingham Family Dental Care, our approach to oral health is simple. We’d much rather prevent a problem from happening than to treat a condition after it has fully developed. The process of making this happen starts with visiting us at our Framingham office to receive the expert care of either Dr. Andelina Duka or Dr. Arvi Duka. By taking this and other proactive steps, you’ll be able to enjoy excellent oral health for years to come!
Why Checkups and Cleanings are Important
When it comes to protecting your oral health, there are some key habits that should be at the forefront. For starters, the types of foods and beverages you consume factor greatly into your dental wellness. Instead of snack items and sugary drinks, it’s better to choose fruits, vegetables and water.
It’s equally important to perform excellent oral hygiene, which should include brushing and flossing your teeth at least two times a day. In addition to watching what you consume, excellent dental care helps to control the growth of harmful oral bacteria that could contribute to gum and tooth decay.
The final piece to the puzzle is to visit your local dentist in Framingham every six months for cleanings and checkups. At these appointments, we’ll provide you with a thorough cleaning and examination that will catch and treat any budding developments before they can materialize into greater problems.
What Happens During a Checkup and Cleaning?
If you’re like most people, then your day is packed with obligations that cause time constraints. Thankfully, visiting us twice a year for preventive care won’t throw a “monkey wrench” in your plans, as a typical visit only takes around an hour of your time.
This is what usually happens at a preventive care visit:
- A friendly staff member will greet you and gather any information needed.
- Next, you’ll meet a dental assistant who will measure your vital signs, collect any other information needed and capture X-rays.
- You’ll then undergo a thorough dental cleaning.
- After your teeth are cleaned, one of our dentists will perform a careful examination to identify any signs of tooth or gum decay, to assess your bite and jaw and to check for any traces of oral cancer.
- Your visit will conclude by sitting down with your dentist to go over the results.
It’s Time to Take Action
Now that you have a game plan for improving your oral health, the next step is to take action by contacting us at Framingham Family Dental Care to schedule a visit with either Dr. Duka or Dr. Duka today!